sur bandeau ligne 2
DO YOU WANT TO APPLY FOR BIOPHAM ?
First check the information about 1) Eligibility, 2) Documents required and 3) Precision on the online application
Two calls for applications are organized each year: i) a first call (opening in December) for scholarship holders and ii) a second call (opening in April) for self-funded students.
By applying to the BIOPHAM Master Programme during the first call, you automatically apply for an Erasmus Mundus Joint Master Degree (EMJMD) Scholarship.
Candidates from all over the world can apply to the BIOPHAM Erasmus Mundus Joint Master Degree.
Both scholarship and self-funded applicants have to submit their application through the same online application platform.
1) Check your eligibility
Applicants to BIOPHAM programme must meet the following requirements :
Academic requirements : Applicants must hold a first higher education science Degree (e.g., Bachelor, Licence,…) or a recognised equivalent level of learning which is appropriate to the BIOPHAM Master training programme. Priority will be thus given to first higher education science Degrees in physics, chemistry, physics-chemistry or nanoscience. Applicants awarded with a first higher education science Degree in related fields such as pharmaceutical sciences or life sciences with excellent academic records can also be considered. However, these applicants should provide a very convincing demonstration that they have a strong background in chemistry and/or physics.
Alternatively, students in their last year of first higher education science Degree (e.g., Bachelor, Licence,…) can produce an official certificate of registration produced by a Higher Education Institute. However, candidates must be awarded by the time of enrolment in BIOPHAM Programme.
Language proficiency : All courses of the programme are taught in English ! All applicants must thus attest a B2 English level or equivalent. This can be done in a number of ways, including through an internationally recognised test such as TOEFL or IELTS, or through previous upper secondary (high school) or university studies (e.g. a letter attesting English is the medium of instruction of your higher education).
The minimum test scores are :
- IELTS : an overall mark of 6.5 and no section below 5.5
- TOEFL : Paper-based: Score of 4.5 (scale 1–6) in written test and a total score of 575. Internet-based: Score of 20 (scale 0–30) in written test and a total score of 90
- Cambridge : CAE, CPE
- TOEIC : 785
- Duolingo : > 100
2) Documents required to apply
(to be uploaded to complete your online application)
If you meet all requirements and want to apply to BIOPHAM, the following list of documents in a PDF format will have to be attached to the application :
- Copy of your diploma(s) / Degree(s) certificate(s) (add an English translation if applicable) or enrolment certificate from your university (for last year students)
- Copy of transcript of records for your whole Degree and a grading scale (add an English translation if applicable). If your ranking doesn’t appear on the transcript of records, a letter of your university attesting your ranking in the class
- Copy of official language certificate attesting language skills in English (such as a recognised English test or an official letter from your University attesting that English is/was the medium of instruction of your higher education)
- Curriculum Vitae using the provided template
- Passport (or valid ID document)
- Proof of current and exact place of residence (see IMPORTANT NOTICE)
- Two recommendation letters using the provided template
- Declaration of honor
- Other documents you consider relevant for the application (e.g., certificate of employment or internships, etc..)
You do not need to provide a motivation letter. However, you will be asked to explain your motivation on the application platform by answering a few questions.
3) Information about the online application
- The application form must be filled out 100% in English and all provided documents, including the Curriculum Vitae, must be written 100% in English or translated into English. In such case, provide both original documents and an English translation approved by the university that delivered the original document or by an official translator.
- Fully completed application must be submitted online before the deadline of the related call.
- Incomplete application will not be considered by the consortium (see ‘selection procedure’)
- Only one application will be considered per candidates. If more applications are submitted online, only the last one will be considered, even if incomplete.
- After submission of your application, you will receive an automatic acknowledgement of receipt by e-mail. Check your spam box, if necessary !
- The online application procedure takes some time so make sure you have plenty of time to do it. Before starting your application, make sure you hold all the required documents you will have to attach to your application and in a PDF format.